Aloe Vera, the plant of immortality, as it was called by Egyptians can perform miracles not only for your skin and hair but also your health. It is also known as Ghritkumari in Hindi. This spiky green gem has been used for thousands of years because of its medicinal properties. Read on to know about some of the amazing health benefits of Aloe Vera or Wand of the Heaven are:
Benefits of Aloe Vera for health include
- Aloe Vera juice is an effective cure for Gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD) that causes symptoms like heartburn and chest pain.
- Aloe Vera gel contains powerful antioxidants that along with several other compounds in the plant inhibit the growth of certain bacteria that can cause infections in humans. Thus, it is also an anti-bacterial.
- Pure Aloe Vera juice reduces dental plaque just like a mouthwash.
- Aloe Vera gel accelerates the healing of mouth ulcers.
- It is used to treat constipation and improve digestion strength.
- Aloe Vera helps in maintaining blood sugar levels and has been used as a traditional diabetes remedy.
- The intake of Aloe Vera also boosts your immune system.
- Aloe Vera takes time to digest and thus uses energy, aiding weight loss.
- A new study suggests that aloe-emodin, a compound present in aloe vera leaves, could slow down the spread of breast cancer cells.
Benefits of Aloe Vera for skin include
- Aloe Vera improves skin elasticity and prevents premature signs of ageing.
- The gel works wonders for acne-prone skin. It helps in reducing acne and acne scars.
- It moisturizes skin.
- Aloe Vera gel is commonly used to treat sunburns as it is soothing and reduces inflammation.
- Being anti-inflammatory in nature, it is also effective in case of wounds and insect bites.
- It helps to brighten skin by decreasing pigmentation and dark spots.
Benefits of Aloe Vera for hair include
- Speed up your hair growth by massaging aloe into your scalp.
- It also reduces dandruff and related problems like itchy scalp. Aloe Vera is a common ingredient in many commercial shampoos and conditioners.
- Aloe Vera maintains the pH balance of your scalp.
- Replace your conditioner with aloe vera for silky and smooth hair.
Aloe Vera is such a versatile plant that it may not be possible to sum up all its benefits. I have mentioned a few that you can try out – there are more benefits found everyday.